Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Falstaff Vampire Files by Lynne Murray



Title: The Falstaff Vampire Files
Author: Lynne Murray
Genre: Paranormal (Vampire) Adventure/ Romance
Publisher: Pearlsong Press* (August 17, 2011)
Available: $4.99 at Amazon
Rating: 5 stars
Rater: Lauri 


Plot summary: Kris Marlow, psychologist, formerly mistress of a happy life, has just discovered that her lover is, well, loving someone else. She wants to hold it together, to work through it, but life interferes, and some of that life is supernatural. Vampiric even. And then her neighbor gets involved . . .


The good: This is a story you’ll lose yourself in. Murray’s writing skill flies far above the norm, and the characters are realistic, and smart, and real. I wanted to hate the girlfriend, but I couldn’t. I wanted to scoff at the vampire, but I couldn’t. I read this so closely I nearly missed the Shakespearean references. Best part, IMO: the characters are not jut real, they’re real-life-sized.


What needs work: Not one single thing.


This is one of those rare, five-star books. One that you buy in hard copy just to put on your shelf because you know that in the future you’re going to be reading this one again.


*Disclaimer: Pearlsong publishes my books, too, but that did not influence my review in even the slightest degree.





No comments:

Post a Comment