Friday, September 28, 2012

The Sundered by Ruthanne Reid


Title: The Sundered
Author: Ruthanne Reid
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: 4th Floor Publication (May 10, 2012)
Available: $2.99 at Amazon
Rating: 5 stars
Rater: Dihanna

From the publisher:
Harry Iskinder knows the rules: don't touch the water, or it will pull you under. Conserve food, because there's no arable land. Use Sundered slaves gently, or they die too quickly to be worthwhile. 
The problem is, the Sundered Ones are dying out, and humanity is running out of time.
With extinction on the horizon, Harry searches for a cure: the Hope of Humanity, the mysterious artifact that gave humans control over the Sundered centuries ago. According to legend, the Hope can fix the planet, removing the deadly water and giving back the land.
 
But the Hope holds more secrets than Harry knows, and Harry has a choice to make. Either the Sundered survive and humanity ends, or humanity lives for a while, but the Sundered are wiped out. 
The time for sharing the Earth is done. Harry never wanted this choice. He still has to make it. In his broken, flooded world, Hope comes with a price.

What I liked: I thoroughly enjoyed this book!  I just loved Aakesh and his surly attitude.  He was the sort of friend that I wish I had.   And who wouldn't love Gorish with his loving ways?  In fact, What I especially  liked about this book  was the devtotion that Gorish had for Harry - aka Harold Iskinder – who went looking for Hope and discovered secrets I never saw coming.   It was both a sad and happy book, much like life.  I feel the writer made it clear that the reader was to make a choice which side they would take. This is a 5 star book!

What I didn’t like: the story was too slow paced at first, and I thought it was a tad too long.

In sum: A must read for sci fi fans!



1 comment: